- The Asian Piano Open International Festival and Competition will take place in Shanghai from 25th of November to 1st of December, 2017.
- Applications must be submitted not later than 1st of November 2017.
- The Application procedure must be done online. Candidates will not be admitted to the contest unless payment will be received. The entrance fee will not be reimbursed for any reason.
- All participants must arrive to the registration on 25th of November, 2017 in Shanghai .
- The address of the Competition is 500, Dongchuan Road, Minghang District, Shanghai, China.
- The decisions of the jury are final and not subject to review or appeal.
- The jury can divide the prizes into equal parts, apart from the first prize. The members of the jury may also suggest not to give any reward if they deem that no candidate is worthy. However, the Final decision will be made by the Chairman.
- All the rounds are open to the public and all the performances must be given by heart.
- The Competition consists of 2 Solo rounds.
- The organizing committee may cancel the competition in case of too few entries. Candidates will be promptly informed and the entrance fee will be refunded.
- The programme order of the rounds will be drawn by lots at the convocation time.
- The drawing order will be followed in all rounds, the final one excepted. The day and the time of the performance will be decided by the secretariat.
The order of appearance in the final will be determined by the jury.
- Candidates must fill in the application form listing their program in due order.
- In the eventuality of radio or television productions, audio or video recordings of the tests or of the winners’ concerts the participants have no right to advance claims or financial requests to the producers or transmitters.
- The jury is made up of renowned artists and critics. Those members who have or have had, during the two years before the starting date of the competition, didactic relationships with one or more competitors, must retain from taking part in the discussion and in the voting during the above-mentioned competitors’ examinations.
The abstention must be clearly reported in the minutes. During the first meeting, each member of the jury must sign a statement about his/her personal situation towards the participants with reference to above.
- Financial settlements
Travel, accommodation and visa costs, if necessary, are the responsibility of the participants themselves.
All stages of the Competition may be broadcast live and/or may be recorded and videotaped for subsequent
broadcast, video, DVD, audio recording or any other format/media use.
It is anticipated that recordings of selected Competition performances will be commercially produced, that a documentary of the Competition incorporating selected performances will be produced for television, and that parts of the Competition will be made available on the Internet. Camera crews may photograph all Competition events.